Monday, February 18, 2008

A lesson from drawing a script

I shot my video project on last Friday. Spending almost two hours in embellishment of script is really unnecessary. In the night before the filming day, I redrew half of my story. Then the problems emerged. There is no space for me to put more shots on the script! This gives me a lesson. Script doesn't have to be well-drawn or immaculate; the most important thing in writing a script is to leave more space, so one can change it when he or she has a better idea. That's also a lesson about life.

We shouldn't worry too much about not having rich parents or a degree from Ivy school. What we should worry about is that we don't devote ourselves to our jobs, and never willing to become a better person. Too often, we just fill our lives with worthless stuff, and forget to leave more "space" for change.

No comments: