Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Forward!

Most of my friends know I can draw, so they often ask me to draw their portraits for birthday presents. What they don't understand is that I am not reading an art school or planning to become a professional artist, so nine-tenth of my work is really sucks. However, one of my characteristics is that I don't like to give up. The picture below is my latest art work of an old friend's portrait.

Here is the original portrait she asked me to draw as her present (completed in January, 2008) : See, the new one is much better than the old one. Don't ask me why I draw the same person again, even she doesn't ask me to do it. It's about self-esteem. It's seems like doing our best is not enough. We also have to use our brain. Sharpen our mind, ruminate the best answer, and practice more!

2 comments:

mike's spot said...

I like that one. (the top portrait) one of my more favorite pieces you've done.

Peter Chu 朱澤人 said...

Mike,
Thanks for your comment. I also like it.