Sunday, June 22, 2008

Where am I going?

I am looking for a fall internship in this summer. Drifting in the sea of job fair, I am searching for a vertigo to engorge me. Last night, I found out my friend who works in an advertising agency is working overtime at Sunday night. I thought this was Taiwanese adverstising agencies' characteristic--abusing their employees 7 days a week. It seems like everywhere the advertising industry is almost the same.

Another friend rebutted me that at least people earn more in New York than in Taiwan. But is money the whole story to explain why we have to work ourselves to exhaustion? Is money the cause for me to die for? If we all have to work till we die, why don't we work for someone we admire, not just for money? Apple, Pepsi and Toyota can find the most talented college graduates to work for them, because they convinced the youths that together they can change the world. I don't believe them, but I agree we need a meaning for our sacrifice.

I can still talk about ideal, but if I can't find a job after this year I better shut up.

2 comments:

mike's spot said...

Eh don't worry about it. your Multi-lingual and bright - that goes a long way here stateside.

Peter Chu 朱澤人 said...

Mike,
Thanks for your comment. How is your summer?