Sunday, April 13, 2008

Beach


Three places that I've lived for more than two years--Taiwan, Indonesia, and Singapore--are all surrounded by sea. It's natural for my parents to bring me to some beautiful beaches every year since I was a small kid. Indonesia and Singapore close to equator, so you can go to beaches and swim in the ocean every month. In Taiwan, the time you can go beaches is from April to November. But here in New York, we only have three months--from June to August--that are suitable for swimming in the ocean.

Singapore is just a tiny island, so there isn't much to say about its beaches. Most of Taiwan's beaches are too dirty, for Taiwan has overdeveloped heavy industry clustering in the small island. Indonesian's environmental protection is worse than both Singapore and Taiwan. However, I would say the most beautiful beaches I've seen is in Indonesia. You know, Indonesia has around 17,500 island, and many of them are far away from polluted cities. It's really easy to find a "paradise beach" with stylish resorts in Indonesia.

Yesterday, I've got the chance to go to Long Island Bar Beach Park. The sand is not so good, for it fulls of small stones and shells. I can't take out my shirt and lie on the beach because the weather is still cold--around 50 Fahrenheit. It seems like I've to wait for at least one more month to go to the beach, and when that time comes, it will full of people. Where can I find my ideal beach in New York?

5 comments:

mike's spot said...

Good beaches in NY in my opinion surround fresh water. We have a lot of great fresh water lakes in NY- and they have great beaches. Are you dead set on salt water?

Peter Chu 朱澤人 said...

Mike,
Thanks for your comment. I will definitely look for a beautiful lake if you can tell me its location.

mike's spot said...

Jeez there are tons in NY I'll see whats good around here and get back to you. check out reserveamerica.com and look around here in NY. they have a bunch of campsites and trails, many of which are on water.

Peter Chu 朱澤人 said...

Mike,
Thanks a lot. I will check that.

Peter Chu 朱澤人 said...

Mike,
Thanks a lot. I will check that.