Sunday, April 20, 2008

Video Project


I draw this sketch for a video project, not for fun. The model--also the main actress in my video project--is my beautiful classmate. I hope all my classmates can recognize who she is.

I give this art work a 70, because it is not "real" enough. You know, I am not good at using the strategy of immediacy--imitating the real world without audience's awareness of the medium--to remediate reality through painting. I prefer drawing abstract painting. Besides, I don't have 2B, 4B, and 6B pencils, so the sketch is not dark enough. We have no fund in filming this project, and the paper I use is the cheapest one I can find in stationery store. It's difficult to draw without the right tool..................................... Alright, I admit that I am just not a good at sketch.

In the video cutting process, I plan to use this painting to dissolve in the real image. That means I got to depict exactly what's presented on the screen. It looks like I overestimate my ability, and I have to reduce my sleeping hours to finish four more paintings. Ahhhhhhh.