Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I am gullible


At 11 pm., April 1st, I received a call from a female friend. She said, "I want to tell you something that I don't want anyone knows about it." I was in the middle of writing my book review for McCourt's class, so I didn't think too much about why she want to tell me or even what "day" it was.

After I said yes, she proceeded in telling me, "I am pregnant. I don't want the child. Can you accompany me to the hospital?" Then she began to cry and murmured about what she should do. Here, I need to explain a little bit about the story's background. First, we don't have any sexual relations, which means I am not the child's father; second, that female friend is also a foreign student, and it is quite horrible for this thing to happen on us, for we don't know anything about America's law or its medical environment.

I said nothing but my willingness to help her. To be honest, I was worried not only about her, but also about myself, for I didn't know what to do in the hospital.

At 1 am., April 2nd, she called me again. This time, she was not crying anymore. Immediately after her first sentense--"promise me you won't be angry with me"-- I knew I was fooled. Yah, now I realized it was April Fool's Day.

The most interesting thing was that after I told the whole story to my friend Brandon, he said to me, "On April Fool's Day, I always receive a lot of calls from girls saying they are pregnant. Of course I know they are fooling me. You are so gullible!"

Suggestions to these "gravidas":
1. Don't say you're pregnant on April Fool's Day, for even if it is real, no one will believe you anymore.

2. You guys should change April Fool's Day to Non-marital Pregnancy's Day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the picture!Super cute~~~
"Being pregnant" is a trick in essential...but actually, that strikes you like a bomb, right^^" ?

mike's spot said...

Ah yes- remind me in class and i'll give you some mean but funny responses to say next april fools instead of having them saved on the internet for the rest of my life.

In the US she'd probably have to go to a clinic. I don't know if a hospital will perform a non-medically necessary abortion.

You can get the morning after pill over the counter in the states though. I know that for sure. and if a girl thinks she might be pregnant, but takes birth control you can call your dr and a lot of times they'll tell you how to take your birth control like a morning after pill.

Peter Chu 朱澤人 said...

Lynnnnn,
My college teacher told me a horrible poll. When hearing their girlfriend get pregnant, most man will first thinking not about whether he wants that child, but about whether he wants that girl. Unplanned pregnant is a test for both mind and body of a girl. This is a cruel joke. You're evil!

Peter Chu 朱澤人 said...

Mike,
Thanks for your explanation about the medical procedure. Please tell me what are those "mean but funny responses." You got to teach me some of them. I can use them for my revenge.